It happened that in one of the closed WhatsApp groups which I am part of, somebody initiated this topic – Things to keep in mind, as one enters into a holy covenant in marriage. There were bachelors, recently married one and ones who were happily married for a very long period. Many of them poured out their learnings into the discussions which happened. So thought of sharing with you, with their consent. Sit back, relax read for yourself. Take whatever seems valuable to you. Do not forget to share your views in the comments below. Who knows? It may help somebody.
1. It is good to discuss and learn from elders and friends
2. “Do not expect your life partner to listen to you in a moment”
3. Both husband and wife aligned to accomplish the same mission and vision from God
4. “Don’t expect a perfect partner” Because there is none
5. “Don’t dump on your partner’s head!”
6. For a break, read this love song written by one sister for her husband on their wedding anniversary day. Lovely!
7. Believer should marry only a believer
8. Here are few words from an elder brother who is married for many years
9. Don’t underestimate the power of pre-marital and marital counseling
10. Here comes few words from a little sister who is going to be married next week
Now, it’s your turn! Keep sharing! May be your one word may spark a great hope and love in the lives of many married couples. #LetsBuildFamilies
——-Update to this post at 12:06 AM, 09 Sep 2018
Many read this post and conveyed their thanks and regards to the ones who wrote these points. Thank you all who contributed.
My friend and brother named Thomas Mathew shared a huge list of points in this group. With his consent, I’m updating it here. Thomas Mathew is an ex-project manager and is now a pastor serving in one of the churches in Trivandrum, along with his blessed wife and two children. You may check out his blog here – http://believerblogs.blogspot.com. Thank you brother for sharing these valuable points
11. The final list of 17 points by Thomas Mathew
If you have found this useful, remember to share with your friends, using the social media links below. Thank you.